5 Types of Videos you can use in your Marketing Campaign or as a Marketing Manager.
Video has become a popular medium used by all businesses in varying fields. A picture says a 1000 words, and a video 1000 folds that. To implement this type of content as effective as possible, there are different objectives and criteria you should take into account. Varying from budget, strategy to concept. To properly identify for what purpose you need a professional video company, or if you could simply do your thing inhouse.
To implement this type of content as effective as possible, there are different objectives and criteria you should take into account. Varying from budget, strategy to concept. To properly identify for what purpose you need a professional video company, or if you could simply do your thing inhouse.
At MG-Productions we identify our video output into five clear categories… (if you have another type of video you’d like to make, and would like advise on how to handle this feel free to e-mail me and ask :))
Vlog post / webinar
A vlog or webinar is mostly used B2B to educate your audience in depth, but can also be used in cooperation with an influencer in the B2C market.
You don’t need a professional video production company to help you with the filming. However you could ask for tips on how to strategically deliver your content.
• Make sure you do an audio check
• Set one camera angle
• Add animation for explanatory purposes
Commercial / advertisement
When you’re required to make a commercial, the most important thing is knowing who your target audience is and your message. To comprehend where your target audience is going to watch (and on which device) will give you a much higher ROI.
When shooting a commercial some marketing managers brainstorm / create a concept and then utilize a production house to shoot the video. When you’re dealing with a professional video productions house, not including the production house in the brainstorm / concepting stage is a huge mistake. Reason is, that we’ve got in depth knowledge on how we can turn a strategy and combine it with creativity for content with lasting value.
A successfully finished product/service is a great way to showcase your expertise as a company and a case study is the greatest “testimonial” and more!
It’s convenient to have a video production company to work with here because a case study means live footage which is hard for an unskilled hand to film.
Here are 5 must haves for a case study:
• The case study is a byproduct of your service to your client, make sure they’re shown in their best interest as well!
• When you can, include animation that can simplify your video content even more.
• Specify your strategic approach. How did you realise this for your client?
• Use different formats (interview, showcase, tables)
• Apply to different formats (audio, video, text) and different social media platforms depending on what target audience you have.
A mood videos primary task is to uplift the viewers emotion. For this type of video its definitely advisable to include a video team.
• Throughout a mood video you want to create a feeling, an energy in motion.
• Something which can be shared amongst a large audience.
• Gives a perfect representation of the entire scenery.
Tutorial / Educational video
These type of videos can be used to a great extend and they especially have a significant impact on large organisations.
• Everybody gets same format of information, so curriculum is always being communicated in one specific certain way.
• Systems can be explained videowise, saves a lot of time e.g. money.
• When creating content for your employees, keep in mind the Why the How then What. So create a reason for why they are learning this, then how they are going to apply this information and lastly what they are going to learn.
As you can see there are a lot of different ways and strategic approaches to create content. Anyone who has been educated to be a videographer can create a decent video, but where the real challenge occurs is during the implementation of strategic thinking before any filming is done, which involves creativity, business analytics and market expertise.
I hope this blog has been useful, if you have any remarks questions or free food (recipes), please do email me. If you also want a creative content production with great sauce, juice and topping send an e-mail or call us on +31 6 81395099.